Thursday 7 January 2010

Audience Research.


Here is a video of a short interview with a person of my ideal audience.

I have presented both mood boards to my target audience and asked them a few questions enquiring as to what they thought about the general feel of the magazine. I asked them the following questions:
Does this mood board appeal to you? Why?
Would you read this magazine?
What features would you like to be included?
Are the fonts eye catching? What do you think of them?

I recieved the following feedback:
"It appeals to me because of the reference to relevant TV programmes and films like Skins and Juno. I am also very interested in the music (particularly David Bowie).
I'd want it to include the fashion side of the genre as well as the music.
I like the fonts, the 'festival' one is my favourite."

"Yes, because it has all the 'in' things on, such as 'The Mighty Boosh' & 'Skins'. I also like all the bright colours, which make it appealing to look at. Plus there is a nice range of musicians.
I would read this magazine.
I would like it to feature articles about upcoming festivals, new musicians, new shows and new films. I would also like to see some fashion pages, because it relates to the genre.
I like the variety of fonts and the use of colour on the fonts."

"This does appeal to me because it targets the magazine audience well. It not only includes music, but there are also tv shows and films that the audience you're aiming for would like to watch. I think that everything i would want to see in a magazine like this has been included and the fonts are interesting."

"This appeals to me because it has lots of things which I enjoy reading, watching, listening to and going to. For example, NME magazines, Skins, iPods, festivals and places like Topshop. There are lots of vibrant colours which would attract an audience like me, because there is nothing dull about it. I would read this magazine because it has things which I like and would want to find out more about. I would want it to include infomation about these festivals, the latest film releases and reviews, and of course music. I like the NME font the best, because its the most bold and striking."

"It does appeal to me because it shows pictures of things I'm interested in.
I would read this magazine.
I would want it to include interviews with artists and information about different festivals and new films that have been realeased.
The fonts are eyecatching and i like the colours."

"It appeals to me because it includes everything i'm interested in and if i'm the target audience it definitely works for me.
I want to know why there isnt a magazine like this?! I would definitely read it.
It should include festival highlights, new releases, new indie bands, film reviews and little boutique shops!
The fonts are great!"

1 comment:

  1. Great, you've found out some useful thgings here. I think you're ready to start sketching, drafting and planning now.

    ReplyDelete